- To protect the health of our boarders no cat will be admitted without current evidence of inoculation against feline infectious enteritis and cat flu. If dropping off your cat outside of normal veterinary hours, it will not be possible to check the vaccination record with your vet should you forget your form; we would recommend sending a copy of your vaccination record to us ahead of the admission date to avoid any problems with this.
- No cat suffering from, or suspected to be suffering from any infectious or contagious disease can be accepted. Responsible owners will appreciate that this policy is essential to safeguard the health of all our boarders.
- Only cats from the same household can be boarded together in a family chalet.
- No un-neutered adult male cats over the age of 9 months can be accepted to the cattery.
- During your cats boarding at Nutley Farm we reserve the right to discuss your cats medical records and care with their registered vet practice and obtain any medical treatment, if necessary, from a vet of our choice. The registered vet for Nutley Farm Cattery is Sandhole Veterinary Centre, who will be our first point of contact should your cat become unwell during their stay. The cost of any vet bills incurred is payable upon departure.
- Regular flea and worming treatment is essential to safeguard the health of your cats. In case of any signs of fleas infestation we will treat the cat at our discretion (an additional cost will apply, currently from £15/treatment and depending on the severity of the infestation). If the cat had a treatment less than two weeks prior the arrival date it is not advisable to retreat the cat. Therefore please treat your cat at least two weeks prior to the arrival, if no regular treatment is practiced.
- Due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, all new bookings will be subject to a 25% non refundable deposit until further notice. Full payment should be paid on the cat(s) arrival to the cattery, except in long term boarding, where an arrangement is made for the account to be settled monthly (in advance). In some cases (usually summer holidays and other peak times) full non refundable payment may be required at the time of booking.
- A full day boarding is charged for the day of arrival and the day of departure.
- Payment is by cash or via bank transfer only. We regret to advise that we do not have a debit/credit card payment facilities at this time, nor can we accept cheques.
- Cancellations: 6 weeks prior to cat(s) arrival day – 25% non-refundable deposit will be retained, 6-2 weeks prior to the arrival day – 50% of total booking or a minimum 4 days of boarding (whichever is greater) is payable, less than two weeks prior to the arrival day – full fee is payable, regardless of whether a deposit was paid or not.
- No booking fee reduction can be made if the owners wish to collect their cat earlier than agreed dates.
- Cats must be brought in a secure carrier which will be stored on the premises.
- We reserve the right to take appropriate actions in the cat’s best interest should collection not be made at the agreed time. In the event that a cat is left for longer than 14 days beyond the agreed boarding period without any contact from the owner, the cat will be passed to a re-homing centre at our discretion.
- During the summer period (01 July to 15 September inclusive) a minimum fee of five days boarding is required. At other peak times a minimum fee of five days will be charged, otherwise a minimum boarding fee is equivalent to four days.
We would like you to feel assured that we are responsible animal carers. Every possible step is taken to ensure the health and safety of your pet whilst in our care.
However, all pets are boarded strictly at their owner’s risk.
If booking for more than one cat from your household, we will assume that you require the cats to be housed together in a larger chalet, unless otherwise specified.
Please consider the suitability of our penthouse chalets if your cat is elderly, ill, very young or disabled as they need to be able to access the unit via a ramp or by jumping on to the entry platform. If you are at all unsure please contact us for advice.
We are registered with Sandhole Veterinary Centre, Malling Road, Snodland, who will be our first point of contact should your cat become unwell during their stay.
Nutley Farm Cattery is committed to protecting and respecting your private and personal details. Any information we collect will only be used by the staff of Nutley Farm Cattery and for the purpose it is intended for; except in special circumstances as detailed below.
In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we do update this policy from time to time so please do review this policy regularly.
What information do we collect?
To ensure we are in line with our licence conditions it is important that we collect certain personal information from you when we register you as a client. Your name, address, phone numbers and email address along with details of an emergency contact (for whom you are responsible for obtaining permission from in order to supply us with their name and a means of contacting them) are all essential for the smooth running of Nutley Farm Cattery. We also collect information about your cat with the details of your own veterinary practice to ensure we can provide the best care should any issues arise whilst your cat is boarding with us.
What do we use this information for?
The information supplied by you may be used in the following ways:
1. To register you on to our booking system, which we use to keep records of your pets boarding history with us to track day to day information as is necessary for the running of the cattery.
2. To contact you, your emergency contact or your own veterinary practice should any issue arise whilst your cat is boarding with us.
3. From time to time we may send you promotional emails and information about our services, products, offers and other information as appropriate.
How do we keep your information safe?
We hold customers information in two ways:
Digitally: This is used for our booking system and keeps track of our customers activity with us.
Hard Copy: Our Customer Record and Consent Form is a paper form that we require all customers to fill out. We also keep copies of invoices and receipts for accounting purposes. These paper documents are stored securely in our office.
How long do we keep this information for and how do we dispose of it?
The information you give us will be kept as long as you remain a customer of Nutley Farm Cattery and should you cease to use our services it will be deleted from our customer database within two years of your pets last stay and any paper copies (excluding invoices and receipts) will be shredded. Customers do also have a ‘right to be forgotten’ and may request that their personal data be erased from our records at any time.
Sharing your information
We will not share or sell your information to any third party for the purposes of marketing.
Information will only be shared where there may be an appropriate legal reason to do so or if the cattery has changed ownership, or should your pet require medical attention by a vet and only information relevant to that situation will be shared.
Our website may collect personal information from you should you use our online contact form or booking form and these details may be stored manually and/or electronically.
Requesting your information
You are entitled by law to request a copy of the information that we hold for you by submitting a Subject Access Request. All such requests will be subject to verification of identification before any information can be released.